The incumbent is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
Maintain up to date knowledge of events relating to the security and political environment in Somalia;
Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the operational environment, including the scope and scale of our client operations;
Conduct field security visits and risk assessments in close coordination with our client Department of Safety and Security, in support of mine action and explosive management related activities;
Maintain and update Security Standards of Operations (SOPs) and ensure our client personnel and compounds are in compliance;
Maintain and monitor our client warden system list to ensure accountability for all staff in the event of a security emergency; prepare security situation reports, and maintain quality control and quality assurance of security files, presentations and reports;
Upon Head of Security request, conduct security briefings to all our client Personnel upon initial arrival, local security training as necessitated by changes in the security environment, and are kept informed of matters affecting their security;
Attend Security Management Team (SMT) meetings and other working groups on behalf of our client Security, including taking meeting minutes and circulating upon Head of Security clearance;
Maintaining continual liaison with our client Safety and Security, Host Government and other actors through regular inter-agency consultations, networking, mutual support, and information sharing;
Prepare and conduct our client road/field missions within Mogadishu and Somalia in support of our client programme activities;
Support in coordinating security operations for specific events and visits;
Conduct mission related /tactical training for drivers and staff, including the use and maintenance of security equipment including secure communications equipment;
Provide security advice to staff in an emergency situation and ensure the appropriate level of security measures is followed, to support programme delivery, staff safety and security of organization property;
Provide support to the Head of Security with establishing policies, plans and procedures for crisis situations and emergencies;
Provide support in the recruitment, training and supervision of local security officers;
Provide support the Head of Security in managing the flow of communication between Security Office, sections and our client Safety and Security;
Any other duties as assigned by the Head of Security.
Directly reports to Head Of Security
Key competencies Required Qualifications
• An advanced university degree (Masters’ or Equivalent) with a focus on security management and or related disciplines with 2 years of relevant work experience; Or
• First level university degree (BA or equivalent) with a focus on security management and/or related disciplines with 4 years of relevant work experience.
• High school diploma with a combination of relevant professional security training and 8 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a formal degree.
• Relevant experience as outlined above refers to international security management, law enforcement, conducting Safety and Security Assessments, close protection or military experience.
• Experience in a similar operating environment such as Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya or Somalia is desired
• Internationally recognized driving license is required.
• Fluency in English (spoken, written and reading) is required.