We are seeking suitably qualified Security Drivers. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please click the Apply button to register your interest.
AEGIS Job specification: DRIVER – Australian Embassy, Kabul Subject to successful completion of all documentation and medical checks /confirmation
Contractor, AEGIS WORLDWIDE (AUSTRALIA) PTY LIMITED
TBC – Subject to further confirmation/interview/successul induction etc
AEGIS offers a competitive daily rate to all personnel. (Contractor will only be paid for days spent on-duty)
* 7% Afghan withholding tax will be deducted from the above daily rate
*A 9.5% superannuation premium will be paid over and above daily rate. This must be paid into your nominated superannuation fund.
8 weeks on, 4 weeks off subject to operational requirements – Leave will only be granted subject to operational requirements
Duration of Task
Open ended – subject to further confirmation
Travel pay none is offered. The first day of pay is the day of your arrival in Theatre. Your last day of pay is the day of your departure from Theatre. No Domestic Transit allowance applicable
Aegis will provide the Independent Contractor with housing, food and transportation while you are in Theatre along with insurances
The Hub Airport designated by the Company. Aegis Worldwide (Australia) PTY Ltd will provide economy class flights (subject to availability) to and from the Consultant’s designated International Hub Airport for each leave rotation.
* Security Clearance – CPP Team Leaders, Team Member 2i/c and Team Member/Driver – must hold or be eligible to obtain and be in the process of obtaining an Security clearance and at the min level of Secret (NV1) in accordance with the SOP clause 4.21 – individuals who fail to obtain or retain will be subject to removal. Notwithstanding the above, each CPP team must contact at least one member that holds Secret (NV) national security clearance unless a waiver is obtained
* To hold one of the following qualifications (in-date): HLTAID005 Provide First Aid In Remote Situations, FPOS-I, MIRA or PHTLS-TFR.
* To have attended and passed an accredited CP course.
* Sound knowledge and relevant skill set regarding the planning and conduct of CPP operations in a high risk environment
* Ability to communicate in Pashto/Dari is an advantage
* Relevant CPP or other qualifications obtained either in police or military roles and/or relevant CPP or other qualifications or accreditation obtained through a recognized private sector registered training organization
* All CPP personnel must have served as a personal security detail or a close personal protection team for a min period of one year in a high risk environment.
* Should preferably be ex-military or an ex law enforcement police officer with excellent record of conduct
* Must not have a criminal record and must not have been dishonourably discharged from any employment
* Previous in-country experience in a similar capacity would be an advantage
* Operate as a driver in a B6 armoured vehicle as part of a mobile protection team.
* Operate as a vehicle commander as part of a mobile protection team.
* Act as a PPO to Diplomatic clients as part of a mobile protection team.
* Act as PPO to Diplomatic clients whilst they conduct their daily duties.
* Must be able to work alone and as part of a team with both expats and host country nationals.
For further information about GardaWorld please follow link: www.garda.com/gw
Please note: any Information provided shall be used by AEGIS to evaluate your qualifications for engaging as a contractor.
Presentation of falsified credentials or false statements can lead to termination of any engagement (or future engagement) with the company.
* Part of the GardaWorld group of companies